The DermaSweep® is a multi-level, particle-free micro resurfacing system that uses bristles, along with vacuum for a more effective exfoliation and circulation booster. After the desired level of exfoliation is achieved, the skin is then infused with a paraben-free skin specific solution like Vitamin C, Salicylic, Glycolic or one of the newer PeelFusions for total skin rejuvenation.
Each procedure is customized depending on skin type, preferred level of exfoliation and desired results. DermaSweep and your highly trained RPS skin professional treats early aging lines, hyperpigmentation, photo-damage, acneic skin, acne scars, surgical scars and dehydrated skin. It is also safe to use on sensitive skin conditions like Rosacea.
Many of our patients want to know: when it comes to microdermabrasion, why do we choose DermaSweep? What is the benefit of DermaSweep vs. other microdermabrasions as most people traditionally know it? Which treatment will offer better results?
We chose DermaSweep for several reasons:
- More Comfortable: DermaSweep is a microdermabrasion system that uses bristle technology, instead of the traditional crystals, to abrade and polish the skin. There are various bristle tips that we can use during treatment based on skin type and condition. The first step is to remove the top layer of skin with the bristle tip and suction.
- Following that step, your RPS skin professional will use a polishing tip to drive serums back into the skin. We love DermaSweep at RPS because it’s effective, comfortable, and precise, removing the top layer of skin, leaving it smoother and softer. It also allows for a lot of customization to meet everyone’s unique skin needs.
- Less Messy: The old crystal technology microdermabrasion is very messy, leaving patients with a dusting of fine crystals everywhere—on the chest and even in the ears and hair.
- Customizable: While DermaSweep and traditional microdermabrasion both exfoliate the skin, the use of bristles instead of crystals gives DermaSweep more flexibility for varying skin types and conditions. For example, if a patient has sensitive skin or Rosacea, they can choose gentler bristles for their DermaSweep treatment.
- Gentler: Because DermaSweep doesn’t leave a messy residue of dust like traditional microdermabrasion, it can be done prior to other facial treatments, such as peels, IPL and other laser treatments—even laser hair removal. By exfoliating the skin before having other skin procedures allows those treatments to penetrate better and be more effective.
- Includes Infusions: The last step in the DermaSweep treatment is the selection and infusion of highly concentrated serums that are applied while the skin is open and better able to absorb the product. The particular serum selected will depend on what patients are looking to address with their skin, like dryness, acne, or pigmentation, etc.
- A Great First Experience: For patients who are new to skin treatments, DermaSweep is a great starter procedure. It’s also optimal for those that already take great care of their skin to maintain results. DermaSweep is an effective way to address issues like congested skin, acne, pigmentation, dull skin, fine lines and wrinkles.
DermaSweep Care Instructions
What to expect:
- Immediate pink hue or redness of the skin which can last up to 3 days.
- Tight feeling of the skin for 2-3 days.
- Possible darkening of the skin on the 2nd day or 3rd day, which can last up to 7 days.
- Peeling or flaking of the skin starting on day 2 to 5, which can continue for 7-10 days; depends on the strength of the Peelfusion.
- Possible swelling, particularly around the eyes, after a more aggressive Peelfusion Procedure (minimized with ice packs).
- Dryness and/or itching of the skin.
- Wash your face with cool water. Warm or hot water might not feel as good as cool or cold water, which can help soothe post-procedural sensations.
- Moisturize and hydrate. Since DermaSweep can temporarily compromise your skin’s protective barrier, it’s important to reinforce that barrier with a medium-to-thick moisturizer. Also, drink more water to help avoid dehydration, which could make your skin feel tight.
- Apply sunscreen with SPF30 or more. Your skin is more delicate after a peel, so avoid direct sun exposure, which can lead to even more visible signs of skin aging. If you must be exposed, use a Broad Spectrum physical sunscreen 30+ spf.
- Avoid strenuous workouts, dry saunas and steam rooms. Increased blood circulation to the face can intensify warming, tingling, itching, redness or other uncomfortable side effects on freshly exfoliated skin. Skip such activities on the day of your procedure.
- Don’t over-exfoliate. You don’t need to use a separate exfoliant (like a scrub, brush or exfoliating cleanser) within 3-4 days of your DermaSweep procedure. Over-exfoliating can lead to more redness, sensitivity or even scarring, so wait until your skin feels up to it.
- Once your skin feels “back to normal”, it’s generally considered OK to resume your normal skin care regimen.
Schedule a Consultation
Dr. Rowe has a friendly and knowledgeable staff available to answer any of your questions about skin tightening Monday through Friday between 8:30 AM to 5:30 PM at 212-628-7300.