Fractora is a fractional skin resurfacing and subdermal tissue coagulation device that bridges the gap between fractional lasers and surgical procedures. Treatments improve skin appearance by remodeling tissue and collagen.
- Addresses multiple problems, including appearance of the skin, with fractional coagulation and ablation.
- Significant resolution of cystic acne and scars (improving acne scarring by 50%).
- Safe on skin type VI with little risk of post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) which is common with other resurfacing methods.
Fractora Care Instructions
What to Expect After Treatment:
- It is normal for your skin to be moderately red, swollen and slightly tender. Redness and swelling may last for several days (even up to 2 weeks) depending on your skin response and treatment.
- Do not pick, peel, or scratch the areas treated. Any crusting or scabbing will slough/slide off on its own when the new skin is ready for exposure. Treatment areas such as neck and chest will take longer to heal. Avoid hot showers or steam until the skin is healed.
- You may have some itching in areas as they heal. Do not scratch! You can use hydrocortisone ointment to areas that are itching, but only do this if it has at least 24 hours after your procedure.
- You may return to normal skin care routine after 5-7 days or when your physician instructs you to do so. Do not apply make-up if there are open/healing areas.
- Your post treatment appointment will be made at the time of treatment. If you experience any questions or experience fever, chills, drainage, discharge, or extreme discomfort, please contact our office immediately at 212-628-7300.
Aftercare Cleansing and Moisturizing Information:
- Apply RPS post treatment hyaluronic acid or other recommended product to treated area 3-4 times per day and in the evening. It is important that you keep the treated areas moist, so healing occurs appropriately.
- Gently mist your face with cool water or soak your face gently and lightly with a clean white washcloth to treated areas as needed. Do not rub or wipe the cloth over affected areas. Reapply hyaluronic acid and keep the area moist.
- On day 2 or 3, 24-72 hours later, you may begin cleansing the area gently with Cetaphil Liquid Cleanser or Dove unscented bar soap. Please do not use scrubs or exfoliants. Reapply a gentle moisturizer such as Cetaphil cream to cleansed areas. You may begin using sunblock and makeup if the skin is not bleeding and is not too sensitive.
- Use a high factor sunscreen of SPF 30 or greater when exposed to sunlight after 2-3 days. **This includes driving!
- Smoking (including secondhand smoke) can cause poor or delayed tissue healing and increased risk of infection and other complications.
- Avoid AHAs (glycolic, lactic or malic acid), Vitamin C and retinoids for 3 to 4 weeks after the skin is healed.
Schedule My Consultation
To schedule a Fractora consultation with Dr. Rowe please call 212-628-7300 or fill out the form on our sidebar. He will help you select the rejuvenation procedure that’s right for you.