There are a number of noninvasive fat reduction methods available for patients who have stubborn fatty deposits that are resistant to diet and exercise. Reducing fat stores can also make cellulite less apparent on the thighs and buttocks. BodyFX is a non-invasive treatment that delivers radiofrequency energy, improving blood circulation and dispersing heat to the deeper tissues. Negative pressure is used to attach skin to the RF electrodes to create uniform heating over the dermis and subdermal layers.
Before Treatment: No special measures need to be taken before your treatment but we recommend that routine diet and exercise is maintained.
- The BodyFX hand piece will be placed on the treatment area. The skin will be gently vacuumed into the hand piece for even heating of the tissue for several seconds and then alternate between adjacent treatment areas. The hand piece will gradually heat the tissue to 40-44° centigrade.
- Treatment sessions can last between 30-60 minutes depending on the size of the area. A series of sessions will be needed to see results, typically once a week for 6-12 weeks with upkeep treatments every 3-4 months to maintain results. Results tend to improve several months after the final treatment as it takes time for collagen production to complete as well as the lymphatic system to naturally eliminate destroyed fat cells.
- The goal of a BodyFX treatment is to reduce stubborn fat deposits, improving the appearance of cellulite and overall body contours.
- You can immediately return to your routine activities. Continued diet and exercise is recommended.
- Minor redness and swelling may occur within the first 24 hours following the procedure but typically subside soon after the treatment.
Schedule My Consultation
To schedule a InMode consultation with Dr. Rowe please call 212-628-7300 or fill out the form on our sidebar. He will help you select the rejuvenation procedure that’s right for you.